Porcelain Manufacturing in Stružná
Stružná is the new name for the old Kysibel pottery and porcelain factory. It was established in 1803 and is one of the oldest in the country. After changing several owners at the beginning, production began to be developed and extended in 1816. The lessees, Josef Schmellowský and Benedikt Knaute, began to increase the quality of the body and the design of he shape and decoration. In 1840 the company employed 55 employees, and for its outstanding quality and beautiful décor, the Kysibel porcelain was in demand on both the domestic and foreign markets. The goods were mostly exported to Poland, Russia and Turkey.
The factory even had its own press for copperplate and lithographic printing. However, with the increasing production, the artistic level of the assortment decreased and the factory switched to the mass production of utility porcelain ware at the end of the 19th century.
In 1945 the porcelain factory was nationalized and in 1958 it was integrated into the departmental headquarters of Karlovarský porcelán (Karlovy Vary Porcelain), Dalovice plant – detached plant Stružná. The porcelain factory was closed in 1998.