The beginning of the porcelain factory in Horní Slavkov dates back to 1792. Its establishment was initiated by Johann Georg Paulus, mining master of the imperial silver and tin mines. Following several unsuccessful years of porcelain production, he and his two partners sold the factory (1800) to Luisa Sophia Greinerová, (formerly Wolfart), the widow of the manager of the porcelain factory in Gera. Her business was not very successful either; the turning point was the arrival of her son-in-law Johann Georg Lippert, a Slavkov surgeon (1803), who invited the mining master Wenzel Haas to be a partner.
Thanks to Count Kolowrat they were both granted the privilege to produce porcelain. At that time they employed 21 people and as a result of the privilege, the porcelain factory was greatly expanded: a warehouse in Vienna was established (1819) and they participated in many exhibitions and won valuable awards. After the death of Wenzel Haas, his son Eusebius August Haas became a partner. In 1836 the porcelain factory’s assets were estimated to be 200,000 gold dollars and it employed 250 people. After the death of G. Lippert (1843) his share was inherited by his daughter Emilie and his son-in-law, Johann Möhling who sold his share to Haas for 140,000 gold dollars. Thus August Haas became the sole owner of the porcelain factory. In 1857 August Haas employed his nephew, Johann Baptist Čžjžek from Vienna.
After the death of August Haas he was succeeded by his son, Georg Haas with his partner B. Čžjžek. They bought the Portheiman porcelain factory in Chodov and employed approximately 1,000 workers. In 1908, on the day of the 60th anniversary of the emperorship of Franz Joseph I of Austria, they were both awarded the titles of Georg Baron Haas von Hassenfeld and J.B. Čžjžek Adler von Smidaich. It was the first company in the country to establish a fund for the disabled, widows, orphans and a pension fund. Georg Haas died in 1914 and his share was transferred to his wife, Olga. In 1923 J.B. Čžjžek´s share was transferred to his son Felix who lived in Vienna. From 1924 to 1929 production reached 200 tonnes of porcelain a month.
In 1930 the joint stock company Haas a Čžjžek with a stock of 15 million crowns was established. However, in 1931 – 1935 trade outlets were lost and the company began to regress. A new economic crisis was on the way although the situation slightly improved before the Second World War and in 1937 the factory was damaged by fire. In 1941 the joint stock company was subjected to a special limited partnership; G. Haas owned two thirds of its share and Roman Čžjžek owned one third with the company employing 390 staff. In 1942 Olga Haasová died and her son Georg Haas jr. committed suicide in Bítov in May 1945.
On 24 October 1945 the factory was nationalized by means of the Beneš Decrees. On 1 July 1988 the factory in Horní Slavkov became part of the state enterprise, Karlovarský porcelán (Karlovy Vary Porcelain). Two hundred years after its establishment, the Slavkov porcelain factory was declared a cultural monument. Nowadays Haas & Czjzek company is once again independent and sells its own products with its traditional brand.