In 1804 Johan Ritter von Schönau began pottery production at his Dalovice manor. In 1805 the municipal government granted him the privilege to establish the factory for pottery production.
The factory developed fast and, in less than two years was already employing 64 people. Black coal was used to heat the kilns and the products attained such perfection that they competed with leading domestic and international enterprises. In 1807, Jan’s brother Václav became his partner and ever since then the enterprise has been run under the name “Bratři Jan a Václav ryt. ze Schönau (Jan and Václav, Brothers and Knights of Schönau)“. In 1815 Jan remained once again as the sole owner.
During the industrial boom, a highly important role was played by Benedikt Hasslacher, a director from foundation until 1814, along with his meeting with J.W. Goethe who visited Dalovice six times in total during 1806 – 1820. Goethe bought a twelve-person dinner set that had really taken his fancy. In 1821 Jan baron of Schönau died and his son Wolfgang Julius became the factory owner who by 1832 had sold it to the landholder, Vilém Václav Lorenc who repaired and modernized the factory.
In 1830 porcelain production also began and by 1844 copperplate printing decoration was being used. In the 1850s the factory produced porcelain tea and coffee sets, plates, bowls, vases, luxury goods, figurines as well as children’s toys and dolls-house toys. At that time the factory employed almost 100 people.
In 1850 V. Lorenc sold the plant to the accountant Fr. Fischer who joined the local businessman Fr. Urfus. In 1855 – 1875 he was the only owner from whom the factory was bought by Riedel of Riedenstein who, in debt, eventually sold it to the Loket company “Springer & Co”. In 1889 the company appointed a director - Ludvík Pröscholdt - under whose management the production of pottery stopped entirely.
In 1891 Pröscholdt and his partners, Gottl and Zebisch, bought the porcelain factory from the company until 1918 when it became part of the concern Epiag - Erste Böhmische Porzellanindustrie A.G. in Karlsbad (First Czech Joint Stock Company of the Porcelain Industry in Karlovy Vary).
After nationalization of the concern in 1945 and after the establishment of the departmental head office of Karlovarský porcelán o.p. (Karlovy Vary Porcelain) in 1958, the factory was integrated into it as the Dalovice plant. With respect to the outstanding long-lasting tradition of the independent factory in Dalovice and later Epiag the company logo with the name Epiag was kept.
Factory production was stopped in 1997 until 2002 when the factory was bought by the company LOFIDA – PORCELÁN CZ s.r.o. which restarted porcelain production under the new company logo of EPIAG LOFIDA - PORCELÁN CZ s.r.o. Nowadays it employs more than 70 staff and offers a comprehensive production assortment of utility and exclusive porcelain.