Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
Česky
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Italiano
Pусский
Skip navigation links
Our Region on Postal Stamps
Region of Porcelain
Archaeology
The Region in Legends and Tales
Stamps with Town Themes 

Stamp of LoketAs the first town of the Karlovy Vary Region, the town of Loket appeared on a postal stamp, in particular on the German stamp of December 1939, issued within the frame of a so-called winter aid. Loket Castle with the Cheb bridge dominates the front of it. The stamp has number 73 (Michel), its denomination value is 3 pfennig with a two-pfennig surcharge. It was printed by gravure printing with 14 perforations.


Stamp of ChebCheb appears in a five-stamp series from 20 November 1965. On stamp 1485 with a denomination value of CSK 1.60 a historical part of the old town with medieval half-timbered houses, the so-called Špalíček, the Church of St. Nicholas and merchants´ houses from the square are all illustrated. On the right side of the stamps the artist helped himself a little, as he illustrated the Gabler’s House with a rococo façade and a neighbouring gothic patrician merchants´ house, the so-called Schirndinger’s House, with its dominant gable in the through-view close to Špalíček. The theme was provided by J. Liesler and engraved by J. Herčík. The stamp was printed by a combination of rotation die stamping and gravure printing with an 11½: 11¼ frame perforation. Part of the emission is on optically brightened paper; bright colour tones are known for all denomination values of the emission. It is possible to distinguish different paper thickness and a gum tint; the gum can be both smooth and reticulated.

Stamp, Karlovy Vary Coat-of-ArmsOn 26 March 1971 a sixty-haler revenue stamp with a popular motif of the Czech towns´ coat-of-arms was issued. On stamp number 1891 there is the coat-of-arms of the town of Karlovy Vary (completed with Rudolf II, 1594). The author of its graphic design and engraving was J. Herčík. Traditionally, the stamp was printed by a combination of rotation die stamping and gravure printing with an 11½: 11¼ frame perforationEnvelope of the first day issue.
On the FDC a seal dating back to the 16th century is illustrated.

 

Stamp of ŽluticeOn 20 June 1973 the coat-of-arms of Žlutice (granted by Ferdinand I, 1540) was issued in the same graphic arrangement, including engraving by J. Herčík, but in the arrangement according to the "Žlutice Hymn Book". A sixty-haler stamp number 2033 was printed by a combination of rotation die stamping and gravure printing with 11¾: 11¼ frame perforation.
Envelope of the first day issueOn FCD the municipal coat-of-arms is illustrated, as it had been drawn in the "Žlutice Hymn Book".