Pilgrimage Church of St. Anne near Planá
The pilgrimage Church of St. Anne can be seen near the temporary hospital in the town of Planá. The spacious church with generous interior furnishings was built in Romanesque style. The path to the ancient pilgrimage site led through an alley of grandiose lindens. A pilgrimage spring of St. Anne was located in the middle of the alley, but it was backfilled in 1832. Miraculous powers were attributed to the spring waters in ancient times. The church is 44 metres long, 14 metres wide, and 18 metres high. A statue of Virgin Mary with Baby Jesus and a miraculous statue of St. Anne, which was 160 centimetres tall and carved from wood, stood on the massive altar.