Kneipelbach Pilgrimage Chapel near Podlesí
The small chapel commonly known as Kňafák (from the German name Kneipelbach) is located on a hollow road in the woods 6 kilometres southwest of Lázně Kynžvart, above the village of Podlesí. The original forest road led to the abandoned and desolate village of Smrkovec. The chapel is named after a brook that flows through the valley. The oldest record of the site dates to 1804, nevertheless, the pilgrimage site was probably founded around the year 1730. The present-day half-timbered chapel was built between the years 1931 and 1932 and consecrated on September 11th, 1932.