Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
Česky
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Italiano
Pусский
Skip navigation links
Cultural Monuments A - J
Cultural Monuments J - N
Cultural Monuments O – Z
Sight Map
Monument Preservation Areas
Lookout and Observation Towers
Pilgrimage Places
Forest Chapel of the Holy Cross near Kynžvart Chateau 
The chapel stands on the site of an older Baroque chapel built in 1692 by Chancellor Metternich with the aim to relieve the chateau chapel of the numerous pilgrims coming to it from neighbouring areas. The forest chapel was built by builder Petr Nobile in 1835 in modern style as a natural forest chapel with a roof supported by four iron ribs, an altar with a crucifix and two stone columns with citations from the bible.