Mostov was apparently founded in the 14th century as a part of the demesne of the Zoswitzer family, which was later acquired by the Leuchtenbergs. The first stronghold was built in the 15th century after the estate had been purchased by the Hardeckar family. Archaeological research conducted during a reconstruction in 2002 confirmed that the stronghold was built on the site of its successor – the chateau built in the 17th century.
The chateau was subject to continuous reconstructions throughout its existence and it was completely rebuilt in the 1860’s. In the mid 19th century, Mostov Chateau was in the possession of the Kommers family from Cheb who rebuilt it in Romantic style with four corner towers. A park with a fountain was created around the house and a game-park in its vicinity. In 1886, Georg Haas von Hasenfels, one of the owners of the porcelain factory in Slavkov and a successful entrepreneur who also held the estates in Kynšperk and its surroundings, purchased the chateau from the Kommers family.
In the early 1930’s, the chateau was in the possession of Baroness Olga Haas who lived there until her death in 1942. After 1945, the chateau was used by state-owned farms. In the 1980’s, it shortly served as a recreational facility for children. It remained unused for some time until being finally and deservedly included in the Central List of Immovable Cultural Monuments in 1992.
An extensive reconstruction was launched in 2002 and the chateau was rebuilt into a chateau hotel with restaurant and wellness facilities. The Museum of Haas & Czjzek Porcelain, i.e. the first porcelain manufactory in Bohemia, is open to the public on the chateau premises. The chateau has its own parking and all its premises are accessible to people on wheelchairs. Mostov Chateau has been registered in the Central List of Immovable Cultural Monuments under No. 4997 in 1992 particularly due to housing a unique set of 15 tile stoves. One of the largest window-panes is located above the main staircase depicting a mundane Art Nouveau motif. The window-panes in the Chateau Chapel have also been carefully restored, as well as historical mural paintings and stucco ceilings.