Farmhouses in the Cheb district belong among the most compelling historical artefacts of half-timbered farmstead architecture in the Czech Republic, as well as throughout Europe. Their basic form probably originated in Lower Bavaria in the 1650’s, from where it subsequently spread to Upper Bavaria and to the Cheb district. The best preserved farmstead complex may be found in the village of Doubrava near Lipová, which has been declared a rural monument reserve.
The farmstead most admired by visitors is house No. 9, which is known as Rustler's Farmhouse. It is a log house with a half-timbered half-storey built in 1751. The farmhouse is adjoined by a cowshed and a wood shed with rather ingeniously designed columns and trusses, and a brick barn built in 1865. A private ethnographic museum is open to the public on the farmstead grounds and its collections include farming tools, equipment, and rural furniture from the 18th until the 20th century. The farmstead also houses a permanent sale exhibition of paintings, ceramics and woodcarvings, and occasional concerts or theatre performances take place in the yard.
Other farmhouses worth mentioning are houses No. 8, 13, 15, 16, etc. A group of 21 monument trees, namely small-leaved lindens (Tilia cordata) and European oaks (Quercus robur) aged from 120 to 260 years, may be found on the territory of the village.