The village of Dalovice originally belonged to the Loket Castle feoff. Even though mentions of the village in historical resources do not date that far back, archaeological findings suggest that the local stronghold was founded in the late 12th century. The stronghold was probably built, among other things, to guard the Sedlec Trail (also known as Erfurt Trail).
The first written records date back to the years 1457 and 1462 and they mention the name Arkl Tussel "de Stalticz", later transcribed as "de Talticz". The Dalovice feoff was subsequently acquired by the Hýzrle family of Chodov. The first member of the family is recorded in 1498 and it is feoffer Albrecht written then as "zu Thelbicz“.
Interesting facts may be found in records from the years 1502 and 1503 when the Loket feoffers were in conflict with the lien holders of the Loket demesne – the Šlik family – as a result of which, the village was besieged by Šlik's army and the stronghold was captured on the 6th of February 1503. The odds are that the old stronghold was later abandoned.
Follow-up archaeological research was completed in 2001.
Based on the initiative and with the financial support of the Municipal Council in Dalovice, the Karlovy Vary Museum conducted follow-up archaeological research on the site from March 19 until May 11, 2001, during which stone foundations of a medieval building were discovered. Conservation work was executed on the site by the company of building contractor Pavel Růžička from Loket from May 22 to 30, 2001.
The old foundations excavated within the archaeological research are partially lowered, particularly on the southwest side facilitating easiest access to the monument. As regards the medieval building, the research only confirmed the results of previous excavations.
Late Bronze Age pottery was also found on the site in a settlement pit, which was later covered by a medieval, partly artificial mound. The follow-up research, however, did not confirm findings dating to the period of volute-krater pottery.