Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
Česky
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Italiano
Pусский
Skip navigation links
Karlovy Vary
Mariánské Lázně
Jáchymov
Františkovy Lázně
Lázně Kynžvart
Interesting Buildings and Landmarks 
Glauber Springs Hall

Dvorana Glauberových pramenů (Glauber Springs Hall)

The hall was constructed in 1929 above the Church, Glauber III and Glauber IV springs. The latter is a natural rarity and one of the most important healing springs in the world for its high content of Glauber salt. The spring is surrounded by a reduced copy of Napoleon's sepulchre. Graffiti in the hall depict images from the beginnings of this spa.

Frantisek Spring Pavilion

Pavilon Františkova pramene (Frantisek Spring Pavilion) 

A wooden pavilion, dated 1793, originally stood on this site from the time that the spa was first established and its history began.

Frantisek Sculpture

Socha Františka (Frantisek Sculpture)

This sculpture is one of the symbols of the spa. It is a sculpture of a young boy, naked, sitting on a ball, holding a fish. The legend has it that the woman who touches the sculpture falls pregnant as Frantisek is the most powerful of the local health resources.

New Colonnade and gas baths

Nová kolonáda a plynové lázně (New Colonnade and gas baths) 

The majestic colonnade with shops and a spa building dates from 1912. The Sphinx reflects an Empire style, also called Napoleonic style, that employed Egyptian motifs. The colonnade used to be the hub of the local social life.

Ingo Casino - Social House

Ingo Casino – Společenský dům (Ingo Casino - Social House) 

The building was constructed in 1795. The Neo Renaissance building dates from 1876 and it is one of the dominant landmarks of the spa. It has been the most important building of the spa for centuries and many cultural and social events are still organised there today.

 Imperial

Imperial

The building was constructed in 1878 in the New Renaissance style typical for spa architecture of the time. It is one of the most luxurious houses in Frantiskovy Lazne and it offers comprehensive therapeutic treatments.

 Three Lilies

Tři lilie (Three Lilies) 

The spa hotel was built in 1794. The hotel was extended for a public spa building in 1826 and it was the state of the art of its time. The atrium courtyard offers an exquisite facade of Cheb post and beam construction with graffiti from the 1950s.

Roman Catholic Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross

Římskokatolický kostel Povýšení sv. kříže (Roman Catholic Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross)

A rare example of pure Church Empire style architecture from 1819.

Božena Němcová Theatre

Divadlo Boženy Němcové (Božena Němcová Theatre) 

The theatre was built in 1928 and it was named after the famous Czech writer who came for treatment to Frantiskovy Lazne in the 19th century.

Salt and Meadow Springs Colonnade

Kolonáda Solného a Lučního pramene (Salt and Meadow Springs Colonnade) 

The colonnade is a late classicist building with early Renaissance features. The building was constructed in 1843 in a peat bog and it stands on more than 1100 pillars.

Imperial Baths

Císařské lázně (Imperial Baths)

The baths were opened in 1880 in the Viennese Neo Renaissance style boasting stylish interiors and beautiful surrounding parks.