The beginnings of the iron ore mining in the locality of Vysoká Pec (Blast Furnace) fall already into the 14th century. From the sv. Jeroným (St. Jerome) mine (not far from here – only a large sink-hole in the land’s surface is apparent today) hematite was extracted from the 16th century till 1855. The ore was smelted in the adjacent blast furnace (the village’s name originated from here), or it was transported on so-called Iron-Ore Path to neighbouring Saxony. At the time of the Šlik nobility two furnace blasts were allegedly in operation. However, in documents only one is mentioned, the blast furnace at the Jeroným mine in 1600. The last attempts at re-establishing the mining are known from the post-war years of 1918-1919; however, they ended in failure.
Only one short mine adit with an interesting profile has been preserved up to these days. It is a narrow mine adit that followed an ore lode – analogous to, for example, those found in the Blatná mine district. The entry is hidden in an inconspicuous wall on the slope; the first approximately 3 metres have vault walling. Then it continues in a slight incline at a length of less than 20 m and ends at the face. About 1 metre in front of the end, at a stair, a small drift-way to the right is apparent. Unlike other places in this region it is not waterlogged; there is a pervious dry gravel layer at the bottom. The height varies from the initial approximately 70 cm up to 2.5 m at the end. An interesting mountain relief in nearby Jedlovec is also worth viewing.