Uranium Deposit in Horní Slavkov
The Horní Slavkov deposit is the second largest uranium deposit, which was operated and liquidated in our territory. Exploratory works in the surroundings of Horní Slavkov started in 1946, intensive preparation of the most perspective sections for mining started in 1948.
Further deposit development took place in the shadow of extensive mining activities in the Jáchymov mining district and thus most of the general data on this deposit is less known. Uranium mining works culminated in 1953 - 1955, and regular mining activities finished in 1960.