Skip Navigation Links
Skip navigation links
Česky
Deutsch
English
Español
Français
Italiano
Pусский
Skip navigation links
Technical Monuments
Bridges and Footbridges
Mining
Waterworks
Radošov Bridge 

Radošov Bridge

Radošov Bridge over the Ohře River was built on the ford at the site, through which King John of Luxembourg arrived in Bohemia in 1310 for the first time. In 1364 his son, Emperor Charles IV, granted the town of Ostrov the right to build the bridge and to collect duty on rare goods, imported especially from Rhineland, on the land trade route. This trade route is mentioned as early as in 1220.

It was Radošov where the wooden bridge on the stone piers was constructed at the cost of 800 gold thalers and with work of the liege people from the close surroundings. Unfortunately, it burnt several times, but was always restored. The bridge was mentioned again in 1576, 1639; it was newly built in 1742, restored in 1752 and again in 1756. Its extensive repair was completed in 1980. However, the unique existence of the bridge was almost ended in several hours by the last fire in 1986. In 1992 - 1993 the Municipality of Kyselka declared a public collection of money for restoration of this cultural monument, where the collection’s main idea was that the person contributing even one symbolic Crown demonstrated that is able to admire, respect and understand the significance of traditions and help preserve historical heritage. During ten years the sum amounted to tens of thousands that was saved in this account.

In 2000 - 2001 the municipality of Kyselka started preparation project works on Restoration of Radošov Historical Wooden Bridge from its own funds and from the income from the collection. In consequence, partial subsidies were obtained for this purpose, project documentation was developed, the local construction administration issued the building licence on April 24, 2001 and the foundation stone of the Radošov Bridge restoration was laid on the 9th of July, 2001. The bridge was opened again on October 17, 2003. In 2004 the bridge became the ”Karlovy Vary Region’s Structure of the Year”.