Evžen and Rudolf Haidinger, sons of a Vienna family, prepared themselves systematically for the career of porcelain producers. After three years of theoretical and operational practice in the porcelain manufacturing in Vienna and after their study tours around ceramic factories in Germany, France and Holland they established a porcelain factory on the property in Loket, bought by their mother in 1815. Its construction is distinguished by the changed conditions compared to older porcelain factories. After the loss of certain Bavarian kaolin deposits and as a result of a political situation, governmental circles paid their attention to possible utilization of a rich and quality raw material source in the Czech lands.
The brothers Haidinger obtained a loan from the Vienna manufacture to construct the factory in Loket. Despite financial difficulties in the initial years, the factory attained a high level of production quality, awarded by silver medals (for mass whiteness, glaze pureness, elegance of design and décor beauty) in Prague in 1828 and 1831, and golden medal in 1836.
During the economic crisis in 1873 to 1880 the property of the factory was transferred to the Loketská společnost pro průmysl porcelánu a uhlí Springer a Oppenheimer Company (Springer and Oppenheimer Company for Porcelain and Coal Industry in Loket) - from 1884 called the Springer & Co. With the outstanding production quality that was reached in the 1920’s and the 1930’s, the porcelain factory in Loket continued in the tradition of the Czech porcelain reputation. It was, in the first stage of the porcelain development in the Czech lands, represented especially by the factories at Březová, Horní Slavkov and Klášterec. The first stage of the porcelain production development, completed in 1915 by construction of the factory in Loket, includes also the establishment of porcelain factories in Prague and a small factory in Ždanov.