Town Museum in Horní Blatná
The original Town Museum in Horní Blatná was established before 1938 and closed early in the 1950’s.
In 1977 the Karlovy Vary Museum created a new exhibition focused on tin extraction in Krušné hory (Ore Mountains). Here you can see models of mining technology, mineralogical collections, and pewter kitchen utensils. In 2001 a minor regional gallery was added to the museum. The museum is a part of the nature trail Vlčí jámy (Wolf Hollows).
The museum is located in the house of a burgher style from the time of the second boom of the town in the 18th century (dated 1754 on its portal). The building is brick downstairs and timbered above. The western facade is covered with shingles, as well as the roof, which is half-hipped with a plank gable. The entrance to the house is richly profiled. Downstairs the rooms are vaulted, and in one room upstairs the stucco decorations have been preserved. The space above the stairs is closed by a coffered ceiling with a profiled ledger and beams .