The airport was built in 1929-1931. Its reinforced concrete air shed was completed in 1933. First only the connection with Prague, from the mid-1930’s regular flights to many European towns were operated. In 1999-2000, with the objective of flight and navigation services in mind, a new control tower was built. Nowadays the construction of a new passenger terminal is being prepared.