The beginning of the porcelain factory in Horní Slavkov dates back to 1792. Its establishment was initiated by Johann Georg Paulus, Mining master of the Imperial silver and tin mines. Following several unsuccessful years of porcelain production, he and his two partners sold the factory (1800) to Luisa Sophia Greinerová, born Wolfart, widow of the manager of the porcelain factory in Gera. Her business was not very successful either; and the turning point came with arrival of her son-in-law Johann Georg Lippert, a Slavkov surgeon in 1803. He, in turn, invited the Mining master Wenzel Haas to join in the venture as a partner. Thanks to Count Kolowrat they both were granted a privilege to produce porcelain. At that time they employed 21 people.
The porcelain factory experiences a significant expansion, establishes a warehouse in Vienna (1819); participates in many exhibitions and wins valuable awards.
In 1857 A. Haas employs his nephew Johann Baptist Čžjžek from Vienna. After A. Haases’ death, his son Georg Haas becomes his successor together with his partner B. Čžjžek.
In 1924-1929 the production reached 200 tonnes of porcelain a month.
In 1930 the joint stock company Haas a Čžjžek with assets of 15 million Crowns is established. However, in 1931 – 1935 the market declines and the company is in regression. The economic crisis hit the company deeply. Before the Second World War the situation slightly improved. In 1937 the factory was affected by fire. In 1941 the joint stock company is subject to special limited partnership. G. Haas with two thirds of its share and Roman Čžjžek with one third. The company employs 390 employees. In 1942 Olga Haasová died and her son Georg Haas Jr. committed suicide in Bítov in May 1945. On October 24, 1945 the factory was nationalized by means of the Beneš Decrees. On the 1st of July, 1988 the factory at Horní Slavkov became a part of the state enterprise Karlovarský porcelán (Karlovy Vary Porcelain).
In the year of its 200th establishment anniversary the Slavkov porcelain factory was declared cultural monument. Currently the Haas & Czjzek company is independent again and sells its products with its traditional brand.